Sailing guide Croatia
A settlement with a small port on the coast of a wide bay with a beautiful sandy beach. To the east lies the wide and shallow Slatinica Bay. The settlement was first mentioned in the 10''1 century. The parish church was built in 1632 and reconstructed in 1868. The older church was reconstructed in 1586. At the edge of the settlement stands the Kastel defence tower from the 18,h century. In the Banve Bay south of the settlement lie the ruins of a monastery and a church which were torn down around 1200. The foundations of Roman houses are still visible. The beginning of the pier serves as a landing for the regular ship line. There are a few mooring lines without water or electricity hook-ups. The berths are protected only from southerly and easterly winds. A bay and anchorage on the southwestern coast of the island, protected from the bora and northerly winds. The jugo causes large waves that make anchorage dangerous.